Easter Monday 25th April 2011
Work for Russ, early breakfast, and early pick up for the workers.
For me - taxi to the Singapore Flyer, this is the local London Eye. Had a fab ride, wasn’t very busy at that time in the morning, so not crowded. I took many pictures and enjoyed myself immensely.
Then walked along the riverbank and eventually got to Raffles Hotel !
I say eventually because I had some difficulty with underpasses – well one in particular.
I had to have three attempts to come up at the correct corner of the (huge) junction. However, I managed it, and found Raffles Hotel. I had a bit of a look about but I did not have a Singapore Sling – for two reasons. First: it was only 11.30am (what !), but also we are supposed to be going there as a group and I didn’t want to spoil it all !
I was pretty hot and tired by now so I took a taxi back to our hotel.
Then I did some reading at the poolside (oh dear but someone has to do it !)
Then I embarked on a silk shopping trip – successful.
When I got back, I decided to take some photos of the hotel while I was waiting to meet Russ on his “break”.









all looks and sounds great
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI am *so* jealous! Hope you enjoy the Singapore Sling when you have it xxx
ReplyDelete