Russ again going to work on the tram.
My plan is to take a look at David Jones and Myers (two big department stores) in Bourke St.
Got the tram into town and as I was walking along on my planned route I was diverted by a mall called Australia On Collins. In I went and looked the very swish shops on the several levels and a very fancy and comprehensive food floor.
And Lo and Behold, a “craft” shop, with all types of craft stuff, fabrics, yarn, handbag accessories, and haberdashery. So there was a further delay !
Finally left there to continue my plan, but was drawn into a fab place called Block Arcade.
Took loads of pics here and hopefully will get them included somehow.
Then I found the Royal Arcade and again took photos.
At last on Bourke St - the aim of my trip - and it is different from the other streets; there’s musicians, plenty of seating, no cars only trams and general good bustle.
Decided by then I did not need to go into either of the big stores, so wondered off towards the tram, taking a few more pix on the way.
Got home weary, but after a wee rest went round to the family.
Russ was out, so I had a quiet glass of wine and saw some of the Melbourne Flower and Garden show on the telly – might go in person tomorrow.






No comments:
Post a Comment