Really meant to go far today, but the weather was so lovely I didn’t want to be on the tram.
So wondered out intending to visit Safeway (oh the wonder of it all !) but having browsed the bookshop, I had an inspiration (?) to go to the cemetery (??). No well - you see – it had been mentioned that it was worth seeing, any excuse !
I walked up the hill towards it, enjoying the lovely weather. I was just about to cross over the road when I spotted that there was a plant nursery here. So a wee wonder through the Kew Nursery, they have spring bulbs ready to plant now it is Autumn, but also things I regard as springtime – seedlings of alyssum, primroses and pansies, and loads of veg seedlings too, such as leeks, onions, broccoli and many cabbages and lettuces. Apparently, our spring/summer plants flourish over autumn and winter even here. A bit topsy-turvy, but then I am at the bottom of the world. !
Also had a fantastic fruit toast with home made raspberry jam, fab.
Then I did get to the cemetery. And pretty amazing it is too. Huge, and such large graves and even mausoleums. And so close together.
Another interesting thing is that the cemetery is divided into sections for the various types of Christianity – Catholic, Methodist, CoE, Lutheran etc.
Had a wander round here and took some pictures.
Then more food shopping and a wee read of my book. Oh such a hard life - but then I did iron three shirts this morning so I have done my bit !
Another lovely afternoon with the family, Russ arrived too, after work.
Then off for tea and chat at the local Chinese. Excellent.
Home to bed.



No comments:
Post a Comment