Monday, 18 April 2011

Wednesday 13th April 2011

Laneways day
Light rain early on but warm.
Off on the tram to look at the Laneways. These developed because the streets of Melbourne were very wide to accommodate bullock carts, and various uses were made of the in-between areas. Nowadays there are lots of different aspects to the lanes, and some are better than others. I had a leaflet from the tourist information, but some of the stuff in it was disinformation !
However I had a good time looking for them and at them. I did not manage them all, as there are many scattered across the city. In fact after a few I stopped looking at the map and started to look around me.
Took a variety of photos, hopefully some will turn out okay.
Back to see the family. Russ too, later.
Then off to meet a friend from Lochwinnoch



in Richmond. Went to eat at Boheme along Bridge Street. Good food, good chat, good company and then a lift home; and so to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment